Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Spinning progress


So I have managed to spin up half of the fleece and half of the Hello Yarn fiber shown in the previous post. I wish the little Ashford bobbin showed more of the colors. 

It is interesting how the bobbins compare. I know that the Hansen bobbins are a lot bigger, but after having not used my Ashford for a while I had forgotten how much larger they really are. There are 2 ounces of colorful singles on the front bobbin and it is rather full while the middle bobbin has about 8 ounces on it and still has quite a bit of empty space. The bobbin still on the mini spinner has about 4 ounces on it.

Since this photo I've started the second bobbin of the Hello Yarn fiber and gotten maybe another half ounce done of the fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment