Monday, February 23, 2015

Neutrals

It seems that I have been on a kick spinning more neutral colors recently, starting with the fleece I'm working on. After carding all the fleece and spinning up some of it I decided to take a small break and spin up something colorful...



Look how well that worked. I kept picking up other fibers wanting something bright and fun, but somehow this is what jumped on the wheel. It is part of some Falkland that I dyed up at yarn school this past year. Spun with a low twist and lightly fulled, I think that when I get around to spinning the rest of it I'm going to try to match it.


I'm back to working on spinning up the fleece, but the other spin that I'm working on fills my need for color. The ply is for a two ply yarn which you can seem the sample on the right on the card in the picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment