Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I have a few, ok, more than a few projects in the works and of course I have many more planned as well. These are a few that I am slowly working on an dope to finish before the new year.


The african flower blue and white blanket will need 106 more hexagons if I want to get it to be a nice lap blanket size. It might be smaller if I get bored or run out of yarn before I get that far, but since I got the giant balls of yarn I'm not too worried about running short.


My third attempt and an OWL for the HPKCHC (you do have to have a Ravelry account to see the fun) and the only one that I haven't finished. The fiber for this is a merino/silk blend that was somewhat compact and had to be redrafted quite a bit to make it spinable, but I still have four ounces to spin and ply before I can cable ply it with this bobbin. Hopefully I can get this done before Yarn School in October because it is taking up my bobbins.



And my last spin that is hogging a bobbin at the moment is red silk hankies that I'm going to chain ply with beads. I finally got the beads so all that is left is plying. There is a bit more to the singles than what is shown in the photo, this was just to show that I did spin with my miniSpinner in the car while on a road trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment